single@SG
Welcome to Singles @ SG. Hope you enjoy your stay over here.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

single@SG
Welcome to Singles @ SG. Hope you enjoy your stay over here.
single@SG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» Earl Nightingale The Miracle of Your Mind COMPLETE
I have lost my respect for Lee Kuan Yew EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 2:37 am by makimwa

» Interesting GIF
I have lost my respect for Lee Kuan Yew EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 1:28 pm by Hello我猜我猜我猜猜猜!

» come join us for badminton game at bt gombak sports hall.
I have lost my respect for Lee Kuan Yew EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 8:56 am by roni here

» CLIMATE CHANGE: IPCC ISSUES STARK WARNING OVER GLOBAL WARMING
I have lost my respect for Lee Kuan Yew EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 3:14 pm by Darkmen

» HOMELESS IN SINGAPORE’S ISLAND PARADISE
I have lost my respect for Lee Kuan Yew EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 3:12 pm by Darkmen

» JEM ACCIDENT IS DUE TO POOR QUALITY FT NOT TIGHTENING OF FT POLICY!
I have lost my respect for Lee Kuan Yew EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 10:53 am by Darkmen

» Imagine a life without the PAP
I have lost my respect for Lee Kuan Yew EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 4:49 am by Darkmen

» WHAT AN OPPOSITION MEMBER SHOULD DO AND SAY TO WIN SWING VOTERS OVER
I have lost my respect for Lee Kuan Yew EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 4:23 am by Darkmen

» PAP half-heartedly cleaning up the mess they started?
I have lost my respect for Lee Kuan Yew EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 6:01 pm by Darkmen

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 181 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:09 am

I have lost my respect for Lee Kuan Yew

Go down

I have lost my respect for Lee Kuan Yew Empty I have lost my respect for Lee Kuan Yew

Post by Darkmen Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:02 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back in 1996, I was working in a brokerage firm and there was an elderly broker, Andrew K. (about 60 years of age) who sat opposite me. He loves to share his life’s experiences with me and another colleague.

During our conversations, sometimes he would criticize Lee Kuan Yew (LKY) for failing Singaporeans. He mentioned about the way LKY silenced his critics by using very harsh methods. He mentioned about how LKY destroyed Nantah, flooding SPH with PAP men and a host of other issues which I can’t really remember clearly now. What I could remember is vehemently defending LKY from all these facts that Andrew was sharing with us. There was no social media at that time, all the inputs I had was from the MSM which had already embarked on their propaganda to shape public opinion about the PAP government.

Fast forward to 2013 and my opinion about LKY is totally reverse of what I had for him back in 1996. First of all I totally lost my respect for him, who is supposed to be an intellect; for grooming his moronic son to take over the premiership. Don’t you think LKY know that his son is not PM material? Yet he still persists in doing so resulting in Singapore having one of the most incompetent group of people in the government now. By being a weak and incompetent PM, Lee Hsien Loong attracted a group of similar people like Vivian B., Chan Chun Sing, Lui Tuck Yew to name a few.

As the social media open me up further to the deeds of LKY, I started to wonder about the time he cried when Singapore was separated from Malaysia. Did he cry for Singaporeans? If he did, then why is your PAP government giving Singaporeans such a hard time in terms of Healthcare costs, Owning a home, Job opportunities, High Tertiary Education costs, Overloading the country with Foreigners? If you can cry for Singaporeans, you should uphold your love for them by looking at successful people centric policies of the Nordic countries and some European countries like Denmark and Switzerland. Is that so difficult to do?

My heart grieves every time I see an old Singaporean searching through a dustbin to look for aluminum cans. Is this what LKY’s legacy is about? From all the great books and write-ups about LKY, if the elderly in Singapore have to resort to picking cardboard boxes to survive then I would say that he has failed the people of Singapore miserably. No amount of great tributes can take away this fact.

I know LKY has reached 90 years of age and his birthday is on 16 September. However, I have no desire to wish him a happy birthday since my admiration and respect for him has been long gone……

Pamela Lin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Darkmen
Darkmen
ironmen
ironmen

Back to top Go down